Hello and Welcome! Hola y Bienvenidos!
I am happy to be a part of Hippo Nation as a Learning Strategies Intervention and ESL Teacher. I will be focusing on reading, writing and vocabulary learning strategies with bilingual and limited English proficiency students in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade.
I graduated from Texas State University (Eat 'Em Up Cats!) and have experience as a high school Spanish teacher, an elementary ELA teacher, and a bilingual teacher.
Interesting Facts About me:
- I have five children ranging from 26 years of age to 2 years of age!
- I enjoy gardening, camping, traveling and cooking.
- I have 22 chickens that I love (they all have names and different personalities)!
- I lived and went to school in Aberdeen, Scotland
- My husband is a local Lt. firefighter and my daughter is an APD officer
- My husband and I are both local business owners (early learning and childcare center).
- My dream is to buy an RV and travel through every state for a year.
- My favorite time of year is Christmas - I begin to celebrate in Sept. and end in Jan.!
- Drinks: Coffee, iced tea, sparkling water and Starbucks!
- Food: Mexican food, Thai food
- Snacks: nuts, fruit, granola
My focus this year is to support and provide students with individual and specific strategies and tools they need to be successful and feel empowered while making those important connections with each student. My door is always open and I welcome your input and support.
My email is: email@example.com
Important Dates and Class Info:
August 24th- First Day of School
August 24th - Getting To Know One Another/Class &School Expectations
August 25th - September 11th "Possible Selves" Goal Setting
September 7th - Holiday/No School
September 14th - October 14th "Word Mapping Strategies"